Dear friends, I’m sharing this great news that Google opens Embedding Projector for the world. Now everyone could enjoy the convenient approach to visualize high dimensional data on the web browser.
Based on my personal programming experience, t-SNE is a great method for high-dimensional data visualization, better than PCA on some data sets like MNIST.
Moreover, check the following papers if you want to learn more details about dimensionality reduction.
- L.J.P. van der Maaten and G.E. Hinton. Visualizing High-Dimensional Data Using t-SNE. Journal of Machine Learning Research 9(Nov):2579-2605, 2008. PDF [Supplemental material] [Talk]
- L.J.P. van der Maaten, E.O. Postma, and H.J. van den Herik. Dimensionality Reduction: A Comparative Review. Tilburg University Technical Report, TiCC-TR 2009-005, 2009. PDF
Here are the links for more information:
- The Original Blog of Google Research: https://research.googleblog.com/2016/12/open-sourcing-embedding-projector-tool.htm
- Embedding Projector: http://projector.tensorflow.org/ (Note: when running MNIST, it may slow down your computer, be careful to this).
- Related Technique of t-SNE: http://distill.pub/2016/misread-tsne/